Friday, March 12, 2010

Let History be My Judge






















On Sunday I was running around doing wedding stuff. The Nixon Library had a lot of arrangements, floral samples, and great catering options on display for brides to be and their friends. Not to mention champagne and cake tastings. Having never been to neither a Presidential library or a bridal event, I felt out of my element at first, but once I began exploring I was able to soak up an abundance of hisory, knowledge and insight both into the politics of the country and the politics of planning a wedding.



There was Buzz Aldrin's footprint in the cement, which I planted my Juicy flat into. I cant imagine walking in moon shoes, walking on the moon, or filling such big,monumental steps.
The house on the property is the actual house in which Mr. Nixon was born. His father built it from scratch. Inside there was a darling old, old sewing machine.
But here's what I really loved: learning about first lady Patricia Ryan Nixon. This woman was so elegant and beautiful. She received exquisite jewelry from her many travels abroad. There were actually buttons during the campaign proclaiming, "Pat for First Lady." She is buried on the grounds along with the former president. Her grave marker reads: "Even when people can't speak your language, they can tell if you have love in your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment