Monday, February 22, 2010

Gaea's Beads
























I still have jewelry on the brain ... I'm beginning to get responses from the jewelry community on Jewelry Affaire. I realize how lucky I am to be welcomed into this community of artists, and hopefulyl my magazine will be welcomed with open arms as well. This launch is so deeply personal to me, as I hope becomes mroe evident when you read my editor's letter which I think sums everything up nicely. But definitely one of the major perks of working on this magazine is getting to know and work with jewelry artists whose work I adore.



Today I heard from Gaea Cannaday (http://www.gaea.cc/) (http://gaeabeads.blogspot.com/). How lucky I am to have her support this magazine, and to know her at all. Her jewelry is so organic, so different, so fresh, so amazing. Her play with colors is phenomenal. Her Day of the Dead jewelry is a personal favorite. Not only will she be in the premier issue of Jewelry Affaire but shes already shared ideas for the second installment as well. In addition to selling her pieces, Gaea also sells the materials to make these lovelies. Check out her stuff and prepare to be delighted.

4 comments:

  1. Beth! What a lovely post! Thank you for your support! I'm so looking forward to seeing your first issue of Jewelry Affaire and every issue after! I've had an "Affaire" with jewelry since I could play dress up with mommies jewelry box and It is an "Affaire" that will continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gaea's work is wonderful - and best of luck with your new publication... you selected an incredible woman to feature in your premier issues... will be looking for it! 'free love' is one of my personal favorites...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Gaea! I am wearing a little skully that she made just for me for my birthday last year as a custom order. I also appreciate that you are sharing the hand made side of the coin. Her things are some of the best. And, as a pre-order-er, I cannot wait for the the release of this magazine! I missed hearing about it to submit and would love the opportunity in the future. Stampington creates some of the finest trade publications around. Wishing you much success and joy, Miss Beth! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love Gaea! She's one of the sweetest, most genuine people out there! Any publication featuring her work is one I'm willing to pick up, FOR SURE!

    ReplyDelete