Friday, January 15, 2010

Ugh to Ugg













I thought these shoes reminded me of Tuesday's post. Noticing any Spring trends? Candy colored hues for your tootsies are definitely in. From the fashion reading I've done, denim is becoming an important trend as well. I have a hard time imagining denim Uggs (www.bloomgingdales.com) on your feet but this distressed version, when unbuttoned and showing its true colors, would look cute with some leggings. Add some haute hoisery for bonus points.
And since it is Friday (also known as What Not to Wear night) and these are Uggs, I'm reminded of one of my favorite Stacy London quotes, "Ugh to Uggs!" The fashion community has never fully embraced these boots, as really, they do nothing for your form. But I have to go against the grain here, and argue that Uggs can be styled really well. How do you wear them? And yes, they are comfy, but we all know (or should know) how Stacy feels about the "c" word. I agree, a bit of discomfort can be beautiful, but with all the hard work Ugg is doing to produce unique and vibrant footwear, I think we owe it to them to attempt to walk in their shoes. After all this is one so-called trend that has never really gone away. There's a reason why these boots have staying power, and in my opinion it's because Ugg keeps reinventing itself in a comfy cozy manner.
Ill be watching Stacy tonight. And you will never hear me disagreeing with her again.

1 comment:

  1. I have a pair of basic black suede Uggs which I practically live in during these cold winter months. These shoes are the ultimate in comfort and when I feel comfortable, I also feel beautiful. The kind of beauty that comes from within - to me, the most important kind. But I also love Stacy and Clinton's show for their fashion eye-candy.

    ReplyDelete