Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Finishing Touches






In June I posted about the wonderful experience I had learning how to solder with Terri Brush (http://www.terribrushdesigns.com/). And I said at the end of my post that I was not quite finished with the pieces, as I had made my pendants but not found the right chain just yet.


Funny enough, one of my recent purchases held the answer. The blouse pictured at the top is from www.bergdorfgoodman.com. I bought it because of the cool back tie. Well as luck would have it, I actually like the shirt a lot better without the tie (it drapes more and is more comfy). So I decided to trim the tie off. I felt bad about throwing away beautiful, couture linen, so I tied it together and kept it. Luckily, I now have a sweet and simple chain for my pendant. The other chain was another finding I had lying around. I'm so happy with both, they are ladylike and delicate chains to balance out the large, metal pendants.
One project complete, many more left to go ...

5 comments:

  1. Hi Beth,
    you are a natural on the soldering! Great work. I also would like to say that I purchased a copy of
    "Altered Couture" and I must say.....you did an incredible job. Ciao Rita mammabellarte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Mom's always say..."never throw lovely things away" . Your pendants are beautiful...well done!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time here but I'm coming back for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! These are huge compliments. I still don't think I'd call myself a jewelry maker, but I love being surrounded by them. You are all inspiring and encouraging to me. My warmest thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I completely agree with the other commenters, Beth! Love your finished pieces, they look perfect to me! I am a little bit intimidated by soldering, even if I would love to give it a try.
    And I also have the same problem with large, metal pendants. Your suggestions look great- never*toss*anything ;))
    Monica.

    ReplyDelete