Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Paper Couture








Just got back from the longest weekend ever (otherwise known as CHA). The Craft & Hobby Association always has many offerings, so I decided to break up my postings.

One of the trends that has been creeping into the craft world is the inclusion of wearables. With the nation glued to shows like Project Runway (where anything can become a piece of clothing) and everyone looking to save their pennies, people are re-examining the process behind creating clothes. Now, Im not suggesting we all wear paper out (that would not be fun in the rain), but I certainly can admire the artistry of these paper crafters who are causing us to re-think what it means to make clothing, an outfit, and our materials. Check out these paper dresses, and of course a pair of paper espedrilles. If you live near an Anthropologie store you may also want to check out their window displays, as the one nearest my home is featuring some gowns made of paper.
How do you re-imagine fashion?

4 comments:

  1. Hello Beth,

    These are fabulous! Thanks for sharing photos with us.


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, amazing! That first jewelry holder is too cute. I'm going to have to get ahold of one to do that to.
    I'm looking forward to your posts about CHA.
    Take care
    Nerissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for coming by my blog and inviting me to correspond. I would love to submit something. I will get my work together and get back with you soon. I have found your address, if you want me to send it by another method just let me know. Such a pleasure to meet you. I have a lot of ideas for altered home decor I have been working on for the blog.
    Sherry
    www.thecharmofhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like total fun Beth! xoxo

    ReplyDelete