Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Measuring My Words

As I maintain this blog one of my goals is to figure out why it is that people do blog. There are lots and lots of blogs out there, I mean I just assume everyone has one. For a while I thought it more attractive to not have one. But one of the things that is most appealing to me in terms of blogging and what I hope sets this space apart from others is that I can get literary. My first love has always been literature. I've noticed that when times get tough I tend to either buy something or revert to reading. Today I'll be savoring this quotation passed on to me from one of my wisest friends:

"The real fight is always with yourself, not with your circumstances or other people. The fight is to maintain your calm, measure your words, and keep things in perspective."
-NanCe Rosen

And I won't be posting a picture here to accompany this. I'm not a photographer, nor am I really a visual person at all. I know blogs are ideally suppsoed to possess beautiful images, but for me it's all about the words. I'd rather read some fantastic words than see hundreds of beautiful images. It's the editor in me. And the writer in me. Or, maybe it's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment