Monday, May 14, 2012

Good Jewelry is Like a Good Book ...







... It's a love story. We are able to fall in love with a piece over and over again. We keep revisiting a piece of jewelry for the same reason we revisit a favorite book: we want to feel moved. Sometimes the right stories just find you. As a writer I can say this with certainty. Some days I have to work at cultivating a piece for hours or days or weeks, or longer. But sometimes (like today), the words find me when I find my subject.

Today Gorjana found me, and I am lovestruck When I look over these pieces, so many words come to mind. I have shared some favorites here, but I have Pinned many more, and of course for a full collection you can go to their site or Shopbop (where these images are from).

Above: Eros bracelet (for the poet at heart); Pristine Bar Necklace & Bracelet (I'm always being told to "raise the bar" or "keep the bar high"); Gatsby Earrings (because they are Great); Fortune Necklace; Viceroy Bracelet; Infinity Ring Necklace.

I don't think I've spoken here about my love for the word "Infinite." It describes a great many feelings that there are no other words for. I won't attempt to match Stephen Chbosky's depiction of the word. So if you want to truly understand how this necklace makes me feel, I suggest you pick up a copy of The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Each of these pieces is a little love story. I can't wait to begin my collection. For those of us who love big, flashy, jewelry, we also know that it's the little pieces, with their fine intricacies that truly balance the wearer out. They remind us that love in it's purest form is simple, true, powerful, and to the point.

4 comments:

  1. I can see why you fell in love. I appreciate your words about the little pieces with their reminder of simplicity, truth and power. Maybe that's why I love the little pieces in my own jewelry collection so much. A couple of days ago, I was wearing a pair of earrings that fall into that category. Every time I put them on it's special and I've never figured out why... until now.

    Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Beth,

    LoVe, LoVe, LoVe this beautifully designed line of classic, feminine and timeless jewelry pieces, especially the earrings!
    Thank you for sharing the lovelies with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dainty rings! The second one is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete