Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Things I Learned at 27


















Link
The birthday festivities are officially over. And after some thinking, I concluded the best gift I have been given this year are these bits of wisdom:

At 27 I am happy to say I know who my real friends are.

I know what it means to love another person (and that love takes some work, but it's all worth it).

I know that I'm not perfect.

I know how precious (and short) life is.

I know what it means to work hard, but also that sometimes hard work goes unrewarded (for a while).

I know how to juggle work and play.

I know what I'm all about.

I know where I want to go.

I know I can make a difference.

I know I want to keep learning.

I know to trust my instincts.

Sometimes you just have to say "screw it" and move on.

In the last year I have experienced so much, from meeting new people, doing new work in publishing, holding a newborn in my arms, and so many other memories. I can't wait for the future, and all the things I will know by the time I reach 28.

Pictures above are from Monte De Oro Winery, Falkner Winery, brunch at my house, and Casey's Cupcakes (at Fashion Island).

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Beth! We'll celebrate again when I see you in a couple of months.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! ... Aaaahhh, 27.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday Beth, looks like you had fun celebrating!

    Gotta love cupcakes! Did you know Frostings is quite close to the office?? Makes for a nice afternoon treat!

    ReplyDelete