Friday, December 2, 2011

Princess for a Day



Got the best birthday card/creation from Julie! There's even a Chanel finding at the top! Thanks Julie, I love her!!!

With my birthday on Sunday, I have to admit I have been thinking pretty selfishly lately. I love indulging and really celebrating my birthday with everyone and anyone who wants to join in. But the last few days have been a great reminder to me that life is about something so much bigger than me.

My friends Shawn and Virginia had a baby Wednesday night, and although baby Miles Fox and I don't share the same birthday, I feel like he is a true gift. I can't believe we all come into the world so small and fragile and day by day we become the people we are meant to be, we become stronger and learn to love and laugh; we come to recognize the people in this life who are gifts given to us, and hopefully, we come to cherish these people and moments more than material objects.

This has already been such a blessed week for me, and definitely one of the most memorable of my life. My best friend flew in from Japan for Thanksgiving. We ate, we shopped, and she was able to hold Miles in her arms just hours before she left. We cried, we laughed, we hugged each other before parting ways for another few months, and we both acknowledged that this has been a week of celebrating, a week we will never forget, a week where we both felt so much happiness and that everything in the world was right. I hope the past week was good to you and that this post brings you hope and happiness for the coming week.

Life is unpredictable. We don't always know when people will return, when babies will be born, what gifts we will get , or what will arrive in the morning mail, but we do know this: life goes on. I usually celebrate my birthday so fully because I feel like all the days after it just drop off the calendar, or like I won't feel as special afterwards. But that's silly. This year, I'm going to push on. You never know what will happen and change in between birthdays, celebrations and visits. I can't wait for life to go on, to be surprised, and to see where it leads me.

Wishing you a happy and celebratory weekend! If you're looking for an excuse to indulge, I recommend a sip of champagne or a slice of cupcake on Sunday, so we can celebrate together : )

3 comments:

  1. LoVe this line,
    " I can't wait for life to go on, to be surprised, and to see where it leads me."
    Sending all best wishes for a Happy Birthday dear Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post Beth. I know you had a wonderful weekend and I believe that you are a gift to those who know you.

    Have a wonderful year and yes, I will get the champagne chilled to drink and celebrate later on this month and toast to you too!

    Ciao bella,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your writing style, it is a pleasure to read! I love your spunk & spirit too. Happy Birthday, never stop being you!

    ReplyDelete