Saturday, June 5, 2010

Good Friends, Good Food, Good Memories






It's funny, people's habits with food. I dont consider myself a foodie, but I am most definitely a cupcake connosieur. I can appreciate, however, the power food holds in bringing people together.

When Lindsay Mason (http://www.lindsaymasoncouture.com/) and I were planning to meet up in Denver she decided on the Shoppe (http://www.theshoppedenver.com/). Definitely the best decision for two chocoholics. We indulged on salty caramel cupcakes and I took home this S'more confection for a midnight snack. I cant recommend the Shoppe enough, where you can treat yourself to coffee, hot chocolate, a cereal bar, art by local artists, and vegan cupcakes.
While sweets are quite the indulgence, friendships can be a daily one as well. The people that are brought together over food despite distances apart make for some of the sweetest memories. While I adore a decadent dessert, one thing I have always savored are my friendships. Other than food, fate is the ultimate hand that gently nudges two people together.
How lucky I am to know Lindsay. There's something comforting in chocolatey, moist, cake with frosting, yes. But there is nothing warmer or more comforting than meeting up with a familiar face at a not so familiar place when you are so many miles from home. Thank you Lindsay, for making my trip to Colorado all the more memorable.

4 comments:

  1. So great that you had that special time with your friend.
    You look especially radiant in the top photo Beth, you look so much like a young Jackie Kennedy.
    You are such a classic beauty :-)
    Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb and I both are honored to know you,
    I speak for both of us by saying that you are remarkable, kind and beautiful both inside and out.
    Thank you for being such a blessing to so many artists.
    Sincerely,
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attention: 淳珮淳珮 said...

    You "Come On"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww! This is so sweet, Beth. I'm so lucky to have you as friend :)

    ReplyDelete