Friday, May 27, 2011

Everything Wedding








I didn't plan on posting for a while as I am in a wedding tomorrow and the events are ongoing and seem never ending. But don't you just love it when posts find you?

Etsy reminded me that I love this shop, www.leanimal.etsy.com, and now I remember why. These dresses are gorgeous, handmade, and so sweet. Leanne even offers her sketches. These dresses are nothing short of what I would expect from a PR winner (season 5).

Needless to say I have been thinking a lot about weddings lately. The bride is a bit stressed and I just don't know how she does it. But aside from caterers, dresses, DJs, and bouquets I got to thinking about what is so great about weddings: they bring people together. Not just the bride and groom, but families come together to help out, friends gather to show their support. And sometimes, if you are very lucky (or should I say loved?) someone will travel great distances just to hear you say "I do."

I may not be posting here a lot in the coming weeks, as one of my best friends in the whole world has come in from Japan to be in the wedding. While tomorrow will be a happy day for the lucky couple, I already feel like the happiest girl, to be surrounded by such amazing and beloved friends. Sure, some of the planning has been stressful, but it will all be worth it when we are all gathered together tomorrow in one place. There are many kinds of love in this world. And it is nice to know that sometimes the loves of your life are people you don't need to exchange rings with, see often, or even live near, and yet they would still cross mountains and oceans just to stand next to you when you really needed them. That's love.

To a happy and lovely long weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Beth,

    Have a lovely day with your friends.

    Janet xox

    ps...those dresses are DIVINE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous collection of wedding gowns!
    Have a fantastic time at the wedding - it sounds like a wonderful reunion of "old" friends! :-)

    ReplyDelete