Friday, March 4, 2011

Altered Couture Closet







I've been knee deep in playing catch up lately. What with a much needed vacation and battling a cold (gross) I am trying my best to get back on track. That's the thing about this industry, there are always deadlines, and as far ahead as you work, things can still sneak up on you.
I was doing some recruiting lately and realized how much I needed to reconnect with Altered. Sounds weird, right? But really this magazine is one I have had great fortune with and it is sort of my first love, in terms of editorial work.
I was looking at Etsy and noticed Rebecca's shop, www.rebeccasartcloset.etsy.com and remembered why I love this magazine. This is what it's all about. I am hoping to reconnect with Rebecca, as she has been featured in our pages before (ALT Summer 2009). Feeling inspired? I am still accepting submissions until 3/16/11. Feel free to comment or shoort me an email at blivesay@stampington.com. Feel like shopping? Head over to Rebecca's store and buy something utterly unique and special : )

4 comments:

  1. Oye Missy B

    It give all new meaning to the old phrase "the further ahead I get the behinder I get" :) You are doing fine. With you at the helm, Altered Couture has gained the enviable position of being one of the top international Art to Wear publications. You have become a sensitive and gifted artist of the written word, Missy B. Be proud of your accomplishments while maintaining your excitement and drive to fulfill your dreams&goals. What fun it has been to watch you grow and come into your own through the pages of AC,Home,HH&JA!!! :)

    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan Mx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the frilly vest, and I hope you get over your cold soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Beth...

    I love Pattie's comment above. Sounds like she knows you well.

    I have admired Rebecca's shop for a year now. She is so very creative in her designs.

    I like to think I try my best to create the same with children in mind. I am sure Rebecca will agree that it is so much fun to play with thrifted wool and cashmere.

    She does it with a magic touch!

    janet xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh geez, i havent submitted to altered couture in a while. maybe its time!

    ReplyDelete