Monday, June 16, 2014

Shop Birdie







One of the good things that can come out of being in a wedding is the new people you get to meet and bond with over the months of planning. When I met one of the other bridesmaids, Kia, it was evident she had great taste. She had told me early on she was quitting her day job to pursue her dream of opening up her own boutique. In a few short months (among getting pregnant and being a bridesmaid, no less) she whipped this dream into a reality and Birdie Boutique was born.

I drove all the way out to Norco for the grand opening festivities and it was well worth it. This eclectic little shop has it all: decor, clothes, accessories, and gifts. Every piece is so on trend and the displays are artwork on their own. I would definitely say the store is like Anthro meets Pier One, with fun colors and useable items that give your home that sweet extra something. But the prices at this boutique are SO much more affordable. So much in fact, that I went on a tiny shopping spree and picked up a bunch of midi rings, a serving platter, a London-themed scarf, and a chunky, colorful statement necklace. 

My thanks to Kia for making her space inspiring AND affordable and sharing her vision with us all. I have to say, seeing this woman's determination left me wondering what my excuse is. So I am trying to push myself all week to work out a little harder, work a little longer, and write a lot more. 

Go here for for some happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment