Monday, November 28, 2011

Giving & Getting





Ever since I began working on apronology I have been in contact with this lady, who has been a true inspiration. One of the best parts about knowing EllynAnne (besides her warmth and genuine love of helping others reconnect with the past) is her ability to encourage us to give back.

EllynAnne has long been committed to her project, National Tie One On Day, in which you are to wrap a baked good in an apron along with a note and give it to those in need. I wrapped my loaf with a vintage gingham apron with chicken scratch stitching and even used a card with a vintage cherry print EllynAnne had gifted me. While I won't go into detail on the note I wrote, the bread reminded me of a very important piece of scripture, "Man can not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God" (Matt 4:4). This verse is a constant reminder that food alone is not what is needed to sustain us.

This Thanksgiving was full of lots of food and for that I am blessed. But for me, the holidays are always about more than that. They are about being surrounded by those I love, laughter, sharing stories, and giving. As long as we keep on giving, I truly believe we will keep on getting those blessings.

Hope everyone had a happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment